Friday, August 15, 2014

100 Days And Counting!

So we just passed the 100 day mark counting down the days until Baby's arrival. Time seems to have slowed to a crawl for me. I just can't wait! Meanwhile my wife thinks time is flying by. "Only 100 days left! We're not ready!" she exclaims.

Maybe my excitement is due to ignorance. She is much more versed in caring for babies. She knows how they can cry incessantly. How they can keep you up all night. How they make messes in their diapers over and over and over...

I, on the other hand, tend to gloss over all that. I'm thinking about reading to baby, holding baby, playing with baby. All the good stuff. I know in my head that baby will cry sometimes, but I'm not putting too much attention on it right now. What's the point? It's no fun thinking about that stuff.

I just told the people at my work about the upcoming baby and the men pretty much had the same view as me. Sure you don't sleep much after baby arrives. But that's just for a couple months. Then its great.

As far as being ready, before we were even pregnant we painted all the upstairs rooms (where the nursery is) and installed hardwood floors upstairs, too. I've nearly finished changing out electrical outlets to the tamper resistant variety. All that's left is a little decorating: curtains, rug, crib... And we'll be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment