Monday, August 4, 2014

First Baby Furniture Purchase

What I'm about to say probably isn't what most of the experts, or even anyone with kids, would suggest for a first piece of furniture for Baby. Let me say first that I'm generally a pretty easy-going guy. I let my wife pick most of the decorations in our house. I'll throw in my two cents once in a while and she'll try to take that into account if it doesn't completely ruin what she was already planning to do.

The one item I strongly felt would be a good purchase for the nursery was a glider that reclined. I think kicking back after Baby has just nursed and snoozing for a while will be quite convenient for my wife. She didn't exactly disagree so we've been keeping an eye out for a comfortable glider with good back support (for dear ol' dad - I've got a tricky back sometimes) that would recline.

It wasn't exactly planned, but we were strolling around Babies R Us one day and ran across a great rocker/glider. It was pretty pricey. Easily the most expensive thing that will go in the nursery, but I think it'll get a lot of use. And it can always be used in other rooms later so it is multi-purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment